navbarmenu

               

Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!


Whoa! How did that happen? I feel like just yesterday I was turning 21. So much has happened in a year. I worked on two wonderful shows, I had a blast with my 5 housemates up in Ithaca, I graduated college, and I ate a lot of baked goods.

I just want to wish everyone else who's birthday is today a Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day filled with family, friends and food. And I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes!

For me, I have a quiet evening at home with my Dad planned, and because it's just the two of us this year, and I didn't want a whole cake lying around for me to eat... I made this:




Exactly Two Chocolate Cupcakes

It is the prefect size for just you and a friend (or just you, I won't judge) and the recipe couldn't be simpler. All you need is a small bowl and some measuring spoons. I didn't even pull out the cupcake pan. I just used the Reynolds brand baking cups that are aluminum lined, so you can just pop them on a cookie sheet. So so so easy.

3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking soda (just eyeball half of a quarter-teaspoon and it will be fine)
1/16 tsp salt (otherwise known as a pinch)
2 tbsp cold water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/16 tsp vanilla (ie, just a few drops)
1 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)

"Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. In a second small bowl or spouted measuring cup, combine the wet ingredients. Add the dry to the wet and stir till combined, whisking well. Divide batter between two cupcake liners and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting."


There is also a recipe for the perfect amount of fudgy chocolate frosting, but I had some vanilla butter cream left over in the fridge, so I just used that.


Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment