navbarmenu

               

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vanilla Cupcake, Coconut Buttercream, Caramel Drizzle

Here is a delicious cupcake. And its easy. Easy peasy.


My mom was throwing a party and needed 60+ cupcakes. So, I went to my handy dandy box mix. Then I love my classic buttercream, so I dressed it up with a little coconut. Finally, it needed a little more oomph. I drizzled those babies with a classic store bought caramel sauce. The kind you drizzle on ice cream. I like the ones that aren't as "artificial" tasting, but use whatever kind you like.


Unfortunately, only 10 people showed up to her party. In the end that meant more cupcakes for me. But the people who did show up loved the cupcakes.



Coconut Buttercream

12 ounces (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 14oz bag of flaked sweetened coconut

Cream the butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer. Once it is nice and smooth add the coconut.



No comments:

Post a Comment