navbarmenu

               

Friday, August 17, 2012

21st Birthday Drink Cookies


Drink Cookies
 So we have a Margarita, Cosmopolitan, Champagne, a Screwdriver, a Piña Colada and a Bloody Mary. Personally, I love the Margarita the best. I was experimenting with swirling the icing colors together. (Note, I am still perfecting the perfect citrus garnish. It was harder then I anticipated).

Also for the 21 cookie, I tried my first ever royal icing transfer. I just piped a 21 onto wax paper, then shook on the sprinkles and voila. I had a great transfer.

I made these cookies for my best friend Beth's 21st birthday last summer. I made my own cookie cutters using sturdy manilla folder paper. It worked very well. Usually, when I am making my own template, I make them out of a plastic binder divider because they can be washed and reused, but I made these before my mother found those great little jobbies down the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment