navbarmenu

               

Friday, August 17, 2012

Coconut Cake and Chocolate Bacon Cake

My father and my sister's ex boyfriend share the same birthday. So that meant one celebration, 2 cakes.

Coconut Cake (Perfection) and Chocolate Bacon Cake (Gross in ever way)


My father requested the tried and true Coconut Cake. This is the best and easiest cake ever. It uses a box mix base, whipping cream, coconut and cream of coconut. Super quick with a huge impact. Also, I've made it with a lemon curd filling which was equally delicious. But if you aren't into that, you cannot go wrong with just Coconut.

Then the ex requested a Chocolate Bacon Cake. Now, he is a chef, so this was quite an undertaking. Personally, I don't get it. I thought this was a terrible combination. First, the bacon is just crumbled in the cake. So its gritty and chewy and weird. I just was not digging this. Maybe it was my recipe, maybe it was the fact I'm not huge on bacon to begin with, or maybe its just a weird weird fad. If someone asks for it again, I would make a vanilla cake with a maple butter cream with bacon crumbles on the sides. Then you could avoid the bacon if you aren't into it (like me). Have you had better luck or have a good recipe for maple butter cream?

But in the end, the birthday boys both really loved their cakes. So, that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment