navbarmenu

               

Monday, October 15, 2012

Apple Crisp


As many of you know, I went to Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY. And every year at the beginning of fall on the commons, there is the best weekend of the year: APPLEFEST.

Applefest consists of every fall treat you can imagine. There are apple cider donuts, kettle corn, deep fried Oreos, pumpkin funnel cakes and every kind of pie that you can imagine. It is the best thing ever.


Unfortunately, I was stuck in Connecticut this year and couldn't make it up for some apple-y goodness. So I had to make my own.

I went out and bought some apple cider, some apple cider donuts and a TON of apples from Costco. Then in my cabinet I had this:


I could have made some crumble from scratch, but I figured I already had it, so I used it up.

This is pretty good. And could not be easier.

I sliced up some apples with my handy dandy apple slicer. Put them in 4 small ramekins. Mix up the butter and crumble mix and put it on top. Then bake it up.


Now, this is nowhere near as delicious as a homemade version. It takes a long time for the crumble to get crispy and by that time the apples are almost apple-saucy. But it's hard to go wrong here. Next time, I would want more crumble (because that's the best part.)


No comments:

Post a Comment