navbarmenu

               

Monday, November 19, 2012

Chocolate Cobbler


Well, I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed with chocolate. I mean, this is the third straight post of just chocolate...

I found this recipe on StumbleUpon (surprise, surprise) and when I saw the pictures I knew I had to make it. It was a gooey, warm, molten chocolate cake thing.


It was pretty good. Really good. But it needs to be HOT HOT HOT. Or else it tastes a little bit "low fat" because it is mostly water.


Its a very interesting recipe. The original can be found here. It's like a brownie but then you put a weird powder mixture all over it, then pour water all over it. It feels so wrong. But just follow it, it's right.


I used a 9" pie pan for my cobbler, and it was VERY full. I put it on a jelly roll pan just in case there was any spillage in the oven.

Luckily, there wasn't, but I was glad I was prepared.

And this definitely needs a scoop of ice cream. And maybe some fresh whipped cream.

I preferred it with some chocolate ice cream, but it was good with vanilla too. As long as it's super hot and molten.

Next time, instead of the water pour, I might try a heavy cream pour or something of that nature. This cobbler has the same consistency of the "cake in a mug" which I think is kind of weird.



Chocolate Cobbler


1 cup All-purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
¼ teaspoons Salt
7 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Divided
1-¼ cup Sugar, Divided
½ cups Milk
⅓ cups Melted Butter
1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1-½ cup Hot Tap Water


"Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.

Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.

Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish. I prefer my small oval Corning Ware glass dish.

In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.

Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.

Let stand for a few minutes if you can hold yourself back."

No comments:

Post a Comment