navbarmenu

               

Monday, February 11, 2013

Grandma's Birthday Cookies


This January my Grandma celebrated her birthday. I don't get to see her too often since she moved in with my uncle but it is always a great time visiting her.

For her birthday, she asked me to make her a batch of cookies. She has a huge sweet tooth, so I also surprised her with a cake. But that is for another post.


Here are the cookies. I learned the pretty swirly technique from a class I took with SweetAmbs. It is one of my new favorite patterns. It makes any cookie instantly pretty and classy. Also, I love that it just flows, no real thinking required.  I also love doing a dot border. It is really easy (aka perfect for beginners), it cleans up a wonky circle, and it really finishes the cookie.


Finally, these babies got dusted with pearl dust and the writing got painted with it. I love the white pearl dust. It gives the perfect shine.


Happy Birthday, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment